Friday, September 12, 2008


I made these blankets for a Project Linus activity taking place at one of our church buildings last week. Each of the kids had a favorite and I was so tempted to keep most of them. But reason prevailed and I donated them all. I think that Project Linus is something I'd like to get more involved with. They had blanket making "Fun Days" every 3rd Tuesday, so I think that I'll have to go check it out. Also at our activity they had us die some fabric squares for a quilt using shaving cream, paints, and toothpicks. The shaving cream sets the paint so it won't wash out. At any rate, I had fun, I like to sew, and it's nice to feel like I'm doing something to help the community one blanket at a time!

4 comments:

Sheena Searls said...

Good for you! they are so cute!

Cheyenne said...

You have been a busy woman! they look cute.

Anonymous said...

You are so awesome! I really want to find some way to get involved like that

Sariah said...

WOW- I am so impressed! how is the world do you have time to sew!